- trainedassassin reblogged this from flatbear
- another-aveng3r reblogged this from avengersmovieconfessions
- grandmathunderpants likes this
- self-fulfilling-prophet reblogged this from gentlemanofquality and added:
- petitebagel reblogged this from gentlemanofquality
- petitebagel likes this
- gentlemanofquality reblogged this from lilbarb and added:
- lilbarb reblogged this from fandomgeek
- lilbarb likes this
- fandomgeek reblogged this from knitmeapony
- meghantheinvincible reblogged this from liebeliebe and added:
- childofthefoxes likes this
- sariana89 reblogged this from lady-toyano
- liebeliebe reblogged this from frozenviolets and added:
- villaviceroy reblogged this from sallyshadpow
- raccoontalkers reblogged this from marubrob
- marubrob reblogged this from sallyshadpow
- kiako reblogged this from sallyshadpow
- kiako likes this
- sariana89 likes this
- sallyshadpow reblogged this from vanvelding
- lustyargonianwarrior likes this
- melakenzu likes this
- lady-toyano reblogged this from vanvelding
- vanvelding reblogged this from marchingjaybird
- kissthisfistninja reblogged this from sonneillonv
- dangerousyako likes this
- ninjapenguin713 reblogged this from flatbear
- kissthisfistninja likes this
- meddalarksen reblogged this from avengersmovieconfessions and added:
- nonimaginaryfriend likes this
- lilinternetwarrior reblogged this from stickthisbig
- superkhrys reblogged this from avengersmovieconfessions and added:
- princessyandere reblogged this from langcassie-archive
- timeless-alice likes this
- learntolovesnark reblogged this from penandpage
- ganjalagann reblogged this from lollipoptea
- lollipoptea reblogged this from langcassie-archive
- brightlightsfading reblogged this from awolfmoon
- mudladder-king likes this
- bronyaur reblogged this from angryboo
- pinkiemoose likes this
- monckey4 reblogged this from angryboo and added:
- awolfmoon reblogged this from angryboo
- langcassie-archive reblogged this from angryboo
- angryboo reblogged this from sonneillonv
- darkmus likes this
- kastiakbc likes this
- angryboo likes this
… trained for 1000 lbs of angry green raging killing machine trying to smash you? are you serious about this? she was not wearing any protection, she had just a tiny gun, a ankle hurting and a monster able to snap a human in two by TOUCHING him chasing after her. I’d say her reaction was more than understandable and she showed much control in being able to actually get up and go kick Clint’s ass.
Shit like this really pisses me off.
A strong female character is not a character who shows no fear, sadness, or other ‘negative or weak’ emotions. A strong female character is someone who is well rounded, believable, strong in herself and who she is, and doesn’t need to derive her strength from other characters around her. Before you write her off because she showed one moment of being human, consider the surroundings.
- Her partner (and the person she is closest to, currently) had been abducted, possibly injured, hijacked by an ‘alien’ and forced to turn against her and the organisation they’ve made their home in.
- SAID ORGANISATION is under attack, and in danger of collapsing completely. With everything Natasha has survived in her life (just the Red Room, for starters), she can be forgiven a moment of fear at facing it again.
- She’s just been made aware of, and confronted, what I’m assuming is the first confirmed alien threat she has ever encountered. And sassed the shit out of him.
- I hate pulling this out, I really do, I hate saying this more than anything else, but…Read. A. Fucking. Comic. She has broken down. She has had her moments. She has cussed out her teammates and left them in her dust. She has been strong, emotionally and physically, stronger than almost any other character. To suggest that she betrays this by showing genuine fear in the face of utter destruction and the unknown…that’s about the most disrespectful thing I can think of. By suggesting that a character can only be strong by showing no fear, terror or sadness is ignorant, disgusting, and in this case, misogynistic.
Can I please just add in here that SHE WAS BEING CHASED BY THE FUCKING HULK. THE FUCKING HULK. SHE PULLED A GUN ON BRUCE BANNER WHEN HE PRETEND YELLED AT HER. SHE HAD A DOZEN SHIELD AGENTS TO BACK HER UP WHEN SHE WENT TO FETCH HIM AND SHE STILL NEARLY SHIT HER PANTS WHEN HE JUST PRETENDED TO HULK OUT. THE HELICARRIER HAS A TANK SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO CONTAIN AND JETTISON THE HULK. THESE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE MAKING WEAPONS OUT OF AN INFINITE ALIEN POWER SOURCE AND THE BEST THING THEY CAN THINK TO DO WITH THE HULK IS “OH SHIT TRICK HIM INTO THE TANK AND DROP HIM OUT THE PLANE AND THEN FUCK OFF REALLY FAST CAUSE HE CAN PROBABLY JUMP UP HERE AND PUNCH US OUT OF THE SKY OKAY”.
OF MOTHERFUCKING COURSE SHE WAS SCARED WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU CANNOT TRAIN FOR WORSE THAN THE HULK BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING THAT IS WORSE THAN THE HULK HE PUNCHED A CHITAURI WARSHIP OUT OF THE SKY JUST BECAUSE HE COULD J;ALSKDJFLANSDLKAJSDLJFALSIDJKJ OH MY GOD
Clearly I have feels about this. Everyone, please stop being dickholes about Natasha. She was an awesome character. Showing some emotion doesn’t make her not awesome. Tough ladies do not have to be emotionless killing machines. They are allowed to be human beings as well.
SERIOUSLY. I wish more female fictional characters were like Natasha not less. And I think it is always a mistake to assume emotion = weakness/shame in the case of tough ladies OR men.
I don’t want to rehash too many of the points already made but I can’t imagine what would have prepared Natasha for the Hulk when even Fury didn’t have a good plan for dealing with him. Not to mention when nothing really made Bruce entirely comfortable being the Hulk.
Her sort of panicking when confronted with a terrifying green monster didn’t seem surprising or strange. To me it was more along the lines of Bruce’s admitting to trying to kill himself. Or Clint recovering from Loki’s influence and wondering why he wasn’t stronger when confronted with overwhelming magic.
Seconding that entire motion. Not to mention that it had already been (really nicely) demonstrated that she was genuinely, irrational-fear-style frightened of the Hulk (whether it is really irrational when he’s the Hulk is another question), so I find it entirely reasonable for her to have a moment to freak out when the immediate danger has been Thor’d.
It comes back to the basic Gryffindor caveat: bravery is overcoming fear. Not having fear is called stupidity.
Also, doesn’t hulk black out when he’s Hulk? I mean, the others, they are reachable, mentally. Hulk becomes an avalanche of rage, no reasoning with him. It’s like being chill about a tsunami. Or being anything other than human in a Doctor Who episode.
Who’s the guy that said courage/bravery/gonaddery is doing what needs to be done despite the fact that you’re filling your trousers? Sometimes not being a fuckhead martyr is what needs doing.